my body form created on adobe illustrator !!


 Hey guys....

As we all know i’m not the best at computers nor do i like them very much but this was a completely new to me we had to create our own body forms that we can use to illustrate garments on, i struggled !!! The parts i found most challenging about this was that i didn't get how to use the tools to make it easer for my self right until the end when it needed to be done. The shape we were doing it from was a Malibu Barby doll what has clear joints that we can get the shape rather easily obviously not easy enough for me, this started to go wrong for me from move one when we used the shape tool to make the head shape, using a circle then add anchor points to match the shape of Barbies head this was going okay until i used the anchor points as i then made the face twist into something that wasn’t supposed to happen ! I looked around at my peers work and just sat there a just looked at how rubbish mine was looking then i needed some expert help to get me out of this mess i had created. Once i had got some help i was back on track and began the arms and the top half of the body. To do the top half of the body we used the pen tool to go around and get the basic shape of the body parts and then used the anchor tool to pull them in to make the actual shape of the body creating the dips and thinner and thicker parts. This was difficult for me as they are a very different shape to the head so i had to add length by pulling it down to create the shapes.

I think using this type of technique you need to be patient with it so you can get it in the right position and focus on one part at a time before you try to do the whole thing in one go. What i liked about using this is that it now gives me a lot more freedom so i can use the tools a lot more confidently as i know the basic ways to create much more effective out comes even if it isn’t the most successful each time. What I’m going to work on for the next time i use this is making sure to follow it step by step and not trying to work it out my self, what mostly ends up with me like some how messing the whole computer up. 

Overall the out come of my work could of been a lot worse that it ended up being as you can see the shape of what it’s supposed to be even if it has its imperfections and there’s nothing wrong with a few flaws as it gives you something to work toward, but I’m definitely going to do a second try to see how much i have improved with the different tools on adobe illustrator. 

Byeeee !!!

Comments

Popular Posts