Creating fashion flats !


 Hey guys I’ve been looking at a lot more technical drawing skills to create fashion flats, for those of you that don’t know what they are there a drawing that consists of stitch types measurements what kind of hem you are having any type of information that the person sewing you fabric pieces together. 

For my fashion flats i have decided to create them for a pair of jeans, I have gone through and looked at seam types that i have used design features like top stitching and pockets, in my design i had decided i wanted a strait leg jean so i have added no darts except a yoke to shape the back over the bum. What i have also gone and added what is key for the jeans to be put on and taken off is the zip i chose to use a metal zip this is because of durability as well as style. And then i have chosen to use blue washed denim for colour. 

Overal the fashion flat came out well and was able to label each section accurately so that it can be scanned into the computer, creating fashion flats to start with wasn't my favourite this as it felt like a lot of work as I haven’t ever done them before But i have done a few now and i can add all stitches and seams and able to label any flat and  identify the stitch.

this is my final result at the top of the page and the out come after adding stitches hem types and seam types 

Comments

Popular Posts