Taking my flats digital !

After i had done my flats on pen and paper i thought it would be good to take them to the next level ad develop them digitally ! 

We done this on adobe illustrator what is actually not so bad now, I don’t mind using it compared to when i hadn’t even seen it before, my secret is I have been practicing with the one on my iPad :) 

We started off by scanning it in on the printer what automatically sent it to my email account what i then would place into the software, I kinda had a little problem with this at first as it didn't want to move the file but we didn’t panic i asked my friend to do it instead i was clueless:/ any way continuing on from that i then went on and locked and created the layers i needed on adobe illustrator so that I’m able to use the tools to create these designs. 

The tools i decided to use were the pen tool i then used the added anchor points to shape it into the jeans, the product i had chosen to create a flat of. We decided on the product we wanted to create by looking at the way flats are made and the use as well as features you display on them i decided to do mine in the form of a mind map.
Going back to my design, i then began looking more at the design features, for example i looked at adding top stitching to the jeans legs and how that adds to the durability of the garment not to only make it look nicer, and i looked at adding belt loops to the waist of the jeans for function and then the pockets are obviously a necessity for your phone Keys wallet and other things you carry on you person daily these were all added with the pen tool as the final touch. 

Just below you can see the end result of my very first attempt making a a fashion flat digital I’m actual so happy with how it turned out and they don’t look to bad, i thought in my head they were going to look way more confusing but I’m very pleased. 


Comments

Popular Posts