Creating a flour pattern !


 As you guest it i have been using adobe illustrator again and this time it didn't go so bad, i think over the few weeks i have been using it i have started to lean more and more techniques that allows me to create more challenging things. At the beginning creating this we took an image of a flower locked it as its own layer and then traced it using the pen tool to get the individual shape of the petals, once i done this we chose the colours to use to make our image stand out. 

To create the actual pattern we had to delegate the back image layer and then select the flower as a whole one i had done that we went into the settings that allows you to duplicate the work you have created creating multiple all in a sequence you like i chose in a grid as the layout wasn't to complicated (Less is more) once you have then done that the pattern is done and you have your very own fabric pattern that can be on clothes if printed etc.

What went well for me this time using this is i took my time and didn’t rush as i feel that plays a big part getting things right the first time. Even though my pattern isn’t top standard i have worked on making them a lot more interesting by using the same program on my iPad What i found a lot easier as you feel you have more control, on this one i decided to take some work from my textiles project and use my topic of birds and created a series of the image i had created using the pen tool and taking the shape of one of my images from my primary sources. 


Comments

Popular Posts